The search for the next Project: Aloft Star 2018 is on. Here’s all you need to know.
- Submit up to two original songs in video or audio format in any language, along with a brief description of you/your band.
- UMG will shortlist 5 finalists, 1 from each of the following countries/regions to compete in the final event: Australia, Greater China (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan), India, South East Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore & Thailand) and South Korea. All finalists will be contacted directly if selected.
Submission deadline: 31 July 2018, 12noon (GMT+8)
Finalists Announcement: 3 September 2018, 12noon (GMT+8)
The winning solo artist/band will receive a once-in-a-lifetime prize that includes:
- Artist & Repertoire (A&R) mentoring from UMG, which includes advice on selecting a single to record, and expert guidance through the process
- A professional recording session with UMG and release of one single digitally worldwide
- An accompanying music video to be produced and released by UMG
5 finalists* selected by UMG's Artist & Repertoire teams will each receive:
- A 3-day all expense paid trip to Seoul, South Korea to perform in the final event on 20 Sep 2018
- 100,000 Rewards Points** redeemable for stays at Aloft Hotels or other participating Marriott International hotels around the world.